ATKORE INTERNATIONAL (ATKR) Stocks
ABOUT ATKORE INTERNATIONAL
? Atkore International Group Inc., a company that specializes in electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, was founded in 1959 in Harvey, Illinois, in the United States. Today, Harvey is still the location of its company headquarters.
Atkore offers an extensive portfolio of integrated electrical raceway products that deploy, isolate and protect electrical circuitry, from source to outlet. The company has an extensive international footprint. It owns and operates approximately 61 manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide.
Atkore’s product line comprises steel, PVC and aluminum conduit, metal framing, armored cable and flexible conduits, cable trays, wire baskets and a host of other related products, including mechanical pipe and fittings. The company’s mechanical products and solutions include frame, support and secure components for industrial and construction applications.
Atkore International Group, Inc. is a global leader in its field, and boasts strong market positions and widely-recognized and trusted brands.
Today, the company employs approximately 3 000 people across 14 locations.
You might also like: ATHENE HOLDING STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ATKORE INTERNATIONAL
- Upon its founding in 1959, Atkore International Group, Inc. was known as Allied Tube & Conduit. The latter developed an in-line galvanizing technique, called Flo-Coat, in which zinc is applied during the production of tube and pipe. This patented technique formed the foundation of the company’s low-cost fabricated metal products line.
- In 1960 the company introduced a single tube mill which produced half-inch electrical conduit at the unheard-of rate of two feet per second. Today, the company’s innovative range of products still set the benchmark in its field.
- Atkore International Group Inc. owns a wide range of very popular and well-recognized brands such as ACS Unifab, AtkoreInternational, Cope, Calbond, Heritage Plastics, Unistrut, Kaf-Tech, Calbrite and Tectron Tube, to name but a few.
- The company takes great pride in providing products of unmatched quality and value to its extensive network of global customers.
VALUES OF ATKORE INTERNATIONAL
- Atkore’s mission is to be the customer’s supplier-of-choice of electrical raceway mechanical products and solutions, because of its quality products and customer-service strategy.
- The company is governed by the highest ethical standards and processes that ensure integrity, compliance and accountability in all spheres of operation.
It strives at all times to meet – and succeed – its customers’ expectations by providing more value than its competitors. Atkore leaves no stone unturned to meet its customers’ needs and preferences.
- The company values its workforce, and attracts and retains competent people who adhere to the highest standards of excellence and integrity in everything they do. Atkore International also provides a working environment in which its employees can thrive and hone their skills.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ATKORE INTERNATIONAL
- Atkore International Group Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ATKR”.
- The company’s sound financial performance affords its investors and shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative returns and dividends. In 2018, Atkore recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 1.7 billion.
You might also like: ATENTO S.A. STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ATKORE INTERNATIONAL
Buy ATKORE INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ATKORE INTERNATIONAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ATKORE INTERNATIONAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ATKORE INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ATKORE INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ATKORE INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ATKORE INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AT HOME GROUP STOCKS