ASTRAZENECA PLC (AZN) Stocks
ABOUT ASTRAZENECA PLC
AstraZeneca plc, a British Swedish pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company, was founded in 1999 through the merger of the English Zeneca Group and the Swedish Astra AB. The company moved its headquarters to Cambridge in the United Kingdom in 2013.
It occupies three research and development sites (R&Ds): Cambridge and Gaithersburg in Maryland in the U.S for work on biopharmaceuticals; and Mölndal in Sweden for research on traditional chemical drugs. AstraZeneca’s product portfolio for major disease areas includes cancer, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, neuroscience, respiratory and inflammation. The company develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical biotechnology products to treat a wide variety of disorders.
AstraZeneca plc has made several acquisitions, such as Cambridge Antibody Technology in 2006, MedImmune in 2007, Spirogen in 2013, and Definiens in 2014. The company focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines. It continuously pushes the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medications.
Today, AstraZeneca plc employs approximately 61 000 people globally.
OVERVIEW OF ASTRAZENECA PLC
- Astra AB was founded in Södertälje, Sweden, in 1913 by 400 doctors and apothecaries. ICI, a British chemicals company, demerged its pharmaceuticals and agrochemical businesses in 1993 to form Zeneca Group plc, leading up to the Astra and Zeneca Group merge in 1999 to form AstraZeneca plc.
- The company’s largest research and development site is situated at Alderley Park in Cheshire, England. Approximately 4 500 of its employees are based here. AstraZeneca plc also has research facilities in Mölndal and Södertälje in Sweden, with a staff contingent of about 4 000.
- The company focuses on three main therapy areas, namely oncology, cardiovascular & metabolic disease (CVMD), and respiratory. It also concentrates selectively on autoimmunity, infection and neuroscience.
- AstraZeneca collaborates with the world’s leading academic and biotech research institutions to drive innovation, and evaluate developing technologies such as Modified RNA and CRISPRgenome editing. The company is active in more than 100 countries and its medicines are used by millions globally.
VALUES OF ASTRAZENECA PLC
- AstraZeneca plc strives to model and uphold an ethical business culture by going above and beyond expectations and legal requirements.
- It understands that its workforce comprises of individuals with different capabilities, strengths and insights. The company therefore fosters a working environment in which they have the confidence to speak up, and share ideas and practices to the collective benefit of the company.
- The company encourages a sustainability mindset amongst its employees, and embraces the principle of “doing the right thing” for its partners and clients alike. It relaunched its Code of Ethics in 2017. The latter comprises company values and global policies. It also provides clear guidance to employees on how to conduct their daily duties.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ASTRAZENECA PLC
AstraZeneca plc trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AZN”.
In 2018, the company recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 22.090 million and net income of USUS Dollar 2.050 million. The company’s continued solid performance boosts investor confidence, as shareholders can buy and sell company stock in the expectations of good dividends.
LATEST NEWS ASTRAZENECA PLC
Buy ASTRAZENECA PLC stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ASTRAZENECA PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ASTRAZENECA plc Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ASTRAZENECA plc STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ASTRAZENECA PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ASTRAZENECA PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ASTRAZENECA PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?