ASSURANT (AIZ) Stocks
Assurant, Inc., a global provider of risk management products and services, was incorporated on October 10, 2002 and has its headquarters in New York City in the United States. The company – through its subsidiaries – provide a diverse set of specialty, niche market insurance products for the property, casualty, extended device protection and pre-need insurance markets.
The company’s history can be traced back to the establishment of the La Crosse Mutual Aid Association which sold disability insurance in Wisconsin in the early 1890s. Assurant, Inc. was formerly known as Fortis, Inc. and was spun off from Fortis Insurance N.V. in 2004 and made its IPO on February 5 in the same year. The company then also changed its name to Assurant, Inc.
In 2015 the company announced its exit from the health insurance market to focus on housing and lifestyle specialty protection products and services, as well as from the employee benefits marketplace. The company is listed #440 on the Fortune 500 list of the biggest publicly traded companies in the U.S.
Today, the company employs more than 14 500 people across its operations.
You might also like: APARTMENT INVESTMENT AND MANAGEMENT COMPANY CLASS A STOCKS
HISTORY OF ASSURANT
- Assurant, Inc. conducts its operation through three primary segments: Global Housing, Global Lifestyle and Global Preneed. It operates in the U.S., Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- The Global Housing segment offers lender-placed homeowners, manufactured housing, flood- and renters insurance, as well as related products and services. The Global Lifestyle segment connects business – through partnerships – with mobile carriers, OEMs, e-commerce and other retailers.
- It also underwrites and offers administrative services for extended service contract (ESCs). These services manage all aspect of the ESCs, such as program design, marketing strategy, risk management, data analytics and customer support.
- The Global Preneed Segment operates in the U.S. and Canada. This segment’s prefunded funeral insurance provides insurance or annuity death benefits to navigate the costs associated with prearranged funerals, paid for in advance. These products are designed to be similar to whole-life insurance policies in the U.S. that offer limited pay or pay-for-life options.
VISION & VALUES OF ASSURANT
- Assurant, Inc. is passionate about delivering simple and effective solutions that enable its clientele to live their best lives. The company believes in treating its customers fairly and delivering the brilliant services they deserve. Its core values comprise common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results.
- The company acts with decency and integrity whilst treating others with respect, courtesy and kindness. By living these values daily it creates trust and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ASSURANT
- Assurant, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “AIZ”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For the first quarter 2019, the company recorded net income of USUS Dollar 161.0 million or US Dollar 2.52 per diluted share, up 29% over the previous cycle.
- Net operating income was USUS Dollar 140.6 million, up 31%. This steady financial performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: ANSYS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ASSURANT
Buy ASSURANT stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ASSURANT Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ASSURANT Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ASSURANT STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ASSURANT STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ASSURANT stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ASSURANT stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERICAN WATER WORKS STOCKS