ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS (ASH) Stocks
ABOUT ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS
? Ashland Global Holdings, Inc. is a speciality chemicals company with its headquarters in Covington, Kentucky and operates from facilities in more than 100 countries. The company is divided into two segments: Ashland Performance Materials and Ashland Speciality Ingredients.
Ashland Performance Materials are divided into Composites and Intermediates & Solvents. It produces unsaturated polyester and vinyl resins, chemical technologies and intermediates & solvents.
Ashland Speciality Ingredients consists of Consumer Specialities and Industrial Specialities. It provides vinyl pyrrolidones and biofunctionals for applications, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and energy.
OVERVIEW OF ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS
- In October 1923 Paul G. Blazer is employed by Swiss Oil Company in Lexington, Kentucky. Paul Blazer is appointed to locate, purchase and operate a refinery in the north-eastern part of Kentucky. Blazer selects a refinery that has been operating since 1916 and buys the company with funds supplied by Swiss Oil for a price of US Dollar 212,500.
- Ashland Global Holdings is founded on the 2nd of February, 1924, by Blazer and Swiss Oil executives. The company grows swiftly and soon the number of barrels per day increases to 500 000 barrels a year. The company expands its portfolio and buys Union Gas & Oil Company in 1925 and Cumberland Pipeline Company and Tri-State Refining Company a few years later.
- By the 1930’s Ashland Refining Company owns 800 miles of pipeline and an estimated 1 000 wells. More companies are acquired within the next decade and Ashland soon appears on the Forbes 500 list.
- By 1953 Ashland owns 252 miles of product lines and 3 518 miles of crude oil pipelines. The company produces approximately 124 000 barrels a day.
- A new business opportunity is presented in 1966 and Ashland buys Warren Brothers which name changes to Ashland Paving and Construction.
- Ashland purchases ADM Chemical Group in 1967 and Ashland is now in the chemical industry business. In 1969 Ashland enters a business deal with Arch Mineral and is now in the coal mining business.
- Many more companies are acquired in the next few decades to form the successful company that Ashland is today.
VISION & VALUES OF ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS
- Ashland Global Holdings values the trust of its employees, investors, customers and suppliers.
- The company has strong business principals and moral values and aims to be a company that others can feel proud to be associated with. Strict ethical standards are practised when it comes to financial decisions.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS
- Ashland Global Holdings, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol ASH.
- Ashland’s analysis data for its preliminary second quarter 2019 results shows sales of US Dollar 667 million. Reported net income increased to US Dollar 76 million and income from continuing operations is US Dollar 45 million. Adjusted income from continuing operations is US Dollar 52 million and adjusted EBITDA is 142 million.
- The company pays quarterly cash dividends to its shareholders. Forecasts for 2019 shows positive returns for potential investors as Ashland has topped revenue estimates.
LATEST NEWS ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS
Buy ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ASHLAND GLOBAL HOLDINGS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?