ARMSTRONG FLOORING (AFI) Stocks
ABOUT ARMSTRONG FLOORING
Armstrong Flooring, Inc. is in the business of designing and manufacturing flooring solutions. Its headquarters is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
The company serves home owners as well as commercial customers with its 8 manufacturing facilities across the United States, Australia and China. Armstrong Flooring has an experienced and dedicated team of approximately 3 500 employees standing by to assist customers with the best quality service.
You might also like: ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ARMSTRONG FLOORING
- In 1860 Thomas Armstrong starts Armstrong World Industries as a two-man cork cutting business in Pittsburgh. The company struggles through the Civil War, financial shortcomings, factory fires and a tough market. With family support, a lot of hard work, faith and dedicated employees that have the same values as the company, the Armstrong brand survives.
- As the company proves itself to customers, the Armstrong brand grows.
- The 1980s sees Armstrong as the largest cork company in the world. As the uses for cork grows, so does the company’s portfolio. Customers can now buy from shoe insoles to insolation and recital halls can buy and install acoustical panels.
- In 1909 Armstrong builds a new factory in a cornfield near Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and starts producing linoleum flooring. In April 2016 Armstrong Flooring, Inc. is created and starts its public trade on the NYSE.
VISION & VALUES OF ARMSTRONG FLOORING
- Today, Armstrong Flooring still has the same values as the day the company was created – it takes pride in its production and the quality of its products. It is important that the company always acts with fairness while balancing the interest of the stockholders, suppliers, the surrounding community, the customers and its employees.
- Armstrong’s formula for success for the past 150 years is to stick with the core business and core values, but be willing to adapt and meet the demand of the customers as well as the market.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARMSTRONG FLOORING
- Armstrong Flooring trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol AFI.
- Armstrong’s Flooring Analysis data for the full year 2018 net sales for operations is $782.2 million, an increase of 3.4 percent. Adjusted EBITDA from operation for the full year 2018 is $57.5 million and adjusted net income for the Wood Flooring Business is $5.8 million.
- Net proceeds are $90 million. Forecasts show a positive earnings result for 2019 and the company’s outlook for 2019 from continuing operations can be between $58 million and $66 million. Investors that are looking for growth in small-cap stocks can purchase Armstrong Flooring stocks.
- The company has a market of US$357 million.
You might also like: ARCH COAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ARMSTRONG FLOORING
Buy ARMSTRONG FLOORING stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ARMSTRONG FLOORING Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARMSTRONG FLOORING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARMSTRONG FLOORING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARMSTRONG FLOORING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARMSTRONG FLOORING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARMSTRONG FLOORING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ARCHROCK STOCKS