ARGAN (AGX) Stocks
? Argan, Inc. is a holding company and was incorporated on May 15, 1961. It has acquired and operates four wholly owned subsidiaries namely The Roberts Company, SMC Infrastructure Solutions, Gemma Power Systems and Atlantic Projects Company.
Argan, Inc.’s history dates back to 1961 when it was founded. Most of the company’s more than a 1 000 global employees are located in the United States. Argan, Inc. is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland.
You might also like: ARES COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ARGAN
- Gemma Power Systems is the largest of Argan, Inc.’s four subsidiaries. It provides procurement, engineering, commissioning, maintenance, development, construction, technical, operations management and consulting services to the renewable energy and power generation markets. The company’s clients include public utilities, global energy plant construction firms, independent power project owners and power plant equipment suppliers.
- The Roberts Company is a provider of on-site plant services. These services support shutdowns, maintenance turnarounds and emergency mobilizations for primarily southern United States based industrial facilities. The company produces, delivers and installs pressure vessels, piping systems and heat exchanges made of fabricated steel.
- The Atlantic Projects Company provides services to the global power industry. These include boilers, turbines, commissioning, outage and large rotating equipment installations. SMC Infrastructure Solutions provides services to local and federal government as well as commercial customers primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region. The company’s services include installation, project management, maintenance as well as inside and outside construction.
- Argan, Inc. competes with companies such as Kiewit Corporation, SNC-Lavalin Group, Inc., Bechtel Corporation and Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V.
VALUES OF ARGAN
- Today Argan, Inc. is proud to be involved in critical infrastructure projects internationally as well as in the United States. Quality employees are therefore hired to complete these important projects. Argan, Inc. believes that loyalty, honesty, accountability for its actions and concern for others are fundamental to the success and reputation of the company and its subsidiaries.
- The company treats all employees equitably and fairly and in doing so strives to build and maintain a motivated, productive workforce. Argan values and welcomes the diversity of differences among its individual employees.
- The company respects the environment and complies with environmental laws in all jurisdictions in which it conducts its business. Argan minimizes its operations’ environmental impact throughout.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARGAN
- Argan, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “AGX”.
- The company strives to provide its stockholders with transparent and informative financial reports. In its 2019 Annual Report, Argan, Inc. states there has been an overall reduction in revenues year over year with the gross profit declining to US Dollar 82 million for Fiscal 2019.
- The company has however increased its gross profit margin percentage to 17.1%. This is substantially due to the completion of several projects for core customers.
You might also like: ARES CAPITAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ARGAN
Buy ARGAN stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ARGAN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARGAN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARGAN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARGAN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARGAN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARGAN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ARDMORE SHIPPING STOCKS