ARES CAPITAL (AFC) Stocks
ABOUT ARES CAPITAL
The leading specialty finance company Ares Capital Corporation (“Ares Capital” or “ARCC”) provides one-stop solutions for the financing needs of private middle-market companies. Today the company is the largest business development company by both total assets as well as market capitalization. Its total assets are worth approximately US Dollar 14.0 billion.
Ares Capital Corporation develops businesses through recapitalization, acquisition, restructurings, mezzanine debt, rescue financing and leveraged buyouts. The company prefers to invest in companies engaged in consumer products, information technology service sectors, business services and health care products. Retail, restaurants, technology as well as oil and gas sectors are also considered.
The company’s New York office focuses on investments in Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Northeast and Southwest regions. The Los Angeles office focuses on the Western region and the Chicago office on the Midwest region.
Ares Capital Corporation’s history dates back to 2004 when it was founded. It is headquartered in New York, New York.
OVERVIEW OF ARES CAPITAL
- A team of veteran investment professionals founds Ares in 1997. The company pursues investment activities in high yield bonds, private debt, leveraged loans and private equity amongst others.
- It becomes an independent firm in 2002. In 2003 and 2004 it raises its first dedicated private equity and private debt funds. Ares creates Ares Capital Corporation (“ARCC”) in 2004. The purpose of this company is corporate lending activities – currently the largest business development company by total assets and market capitalization.
- Ares expands significantly between 2007 -2009 by seeding new investment products, investing in office infrastructure and entering Europe with private debt and capital markets investing activities.
- ARCC creates the largest business development company by market capitalization in 2010 by buying Allied Capital. In 2010 the company’s Private Equity Group expands into Asia when it launches its first China growth fund.
- In January 2017 ARCC buys American Capital Ltd. through which it enhances its leadership position in U.S. middle market direct lending.
- Ares Capital Corporation’s European direct lending business grows as it closes its ACE IV, its fourth European direct lending fund, in July 2018 at its hard cap of €6.5 billion. Its initial target is €2.0 billion.
VALUES OF ARES CAPITAL
- Ares Capital Corporation offers its clients diversified investment solutions through its team of business and investment professionals. A dedicated group of senior investment professionals leads each investment platform.
- Some of these professionals also participate on investment committees which ensure a consistent approach to asset management.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARES CAPITAL
- Ares Capital Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “AFC”.
- In February 2019 the company announces its December 31, 2018 Financial Results.
- It declares an increased First Quarter 2019 dividend of US Dollar 0.40 per share and additional dividends that total US Dollar 0.08 per share for 2019.
You might also like: ARCUS BIOSCIENCES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ARES CAPITAL
Buy ARES CAPITAL stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ARES CAPITAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARES CAPITAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARES CAPITAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARES CAPITAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARES CAPITAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARES CAPITAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?