ARCH COAL (ARCH) Stocks
ABOUT ARCH COAL
? Arch Coal, Inc., a leading global coal producer and distributor, was founded in July 1997, through the merger of the privately held Arch Mineral Corporation and the publicly traded Ashland Coal, Inc. Arch Mineral was established in 1969 by means of a partnership between the Hunt family of Dallas an Ashland Oil (now Ashland Inc.)
Ach Coal, Inc. is the leading producer of low-sulfur coal in the eastern United States. It also processes and markets bituminous and sub-bituminous coal and supplies customers on five continents.
The company’s headquarters is situated in St. Louis, Missouri in the United States. Arch Coal has 32 active mines in the U.S, and controls about 5,5 billion tons of proven and probable coal reserves. The latter are situated in the Powder River Basin, Illinois basin, Central Appalachia and the Western Bituminous regions.
The company has mines in Colorado, Kentucky, Virginia, Utah, Illinois, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Arch Coal Inc. sells most of its coal to electric power and steel producers, as well as industries. The company produces cost-competitive thermal coal for the domestic and international power-generation markets.
Arch Coal, Inc. is a strategic American coal company with modern, low-cost mining facilities hand high-quality reserves in the most prominent U.S. coal supply basins.
Today, the company employs approximately 4 000 people at its various operations.
You might also like: ARCHROCK STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ARCH COAL
- Arch Coal, Inc. is a world leader in coal production and marketing, with 96 million tons of coal sold in 2017 alone.
- It operates through two distinctive business lines. It produces superior quality metallurgical coal for sale to the global steel market, and cost competitive thermal coal in the Powder River Basin, for sale to the domestic and international power generation markets.
- The company’s strong operating portfolio positions it strategically to supply safe responsible resources to these two distinct markets. Arch Coal, Inc. is also a recognized leader in technology and innovation with Business Week’s Smart 50, CIO 100 and Information Week 500. It invests heavily in research and development of clean coal and coal-conversion technologies such as coal to natural gas, and coal to diesel fuel, with the aim of achieving greater independence in the global energy future.
- Arch Coal, Inc. is responsible for more than 13% of America’s coal supply through its active mines in Wyoming, Colorado, West Virginia and Illinois.
Arch Coal, Inc. holds the most diversified position of all the U.S coal producers as it has operations in every major domestic coal basin in the country. The company has earned five U.S. Department of Interior Good Neighbor awards, as well as six MSHA Sentinels of Safety awards.
VALUES OF ARCH COAL
- Arch Coal, Inc. is defined by its long-standing core values of safety and environmental stewardship, and has, over the years, been acknowledged for its exemplary performance through dozens of national and state awards.
- The company’s mission is to create excellent customer and shareholder value as the safest, most economical, and most environmentally responsible producer of coal-based energy in the world. It conducts its operations with integrity, fosters a working environment in which its employees can excel and grow, and puts safety first in all of its operations.
- The company acts as a responsible caretaker of the environment at all times, by utilizing resources in an effective and accountable manner.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ARCH COAL
- Arch Coal, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ARCH”.
- The company recorded net income of USUS Dollar 312.6 million for 2018, with an adjusted EBITDA of USUS Dollar 437.8 million, and revenue of USUS Dollar 2.46 billion.
- These figures afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: APPLE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ARCH COAL
Buy ARCH COAL stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ARCH COAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ARCH COAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ARCH COAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ARCH COAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ARCH COAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ARCH COAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMGEN STOCKS