APPLIED MATERIALS (AMAT) Stocks
ABOUT APPLIED MATERIALS
Applied Materials, Inc. is a multinational equipment, services and software corporation. The company was founded in 1967 and has its headquarters in Santa Clara, California, in the United States.
The company supplies manufacturing equipment, services and software to the global semiconductor, display and related industries. Its equipment and software are used to manufacture semiconductor (integrated circuit) chips for electronics, solar products, and flat panel displays for computers, televisions and smartphones. Applied Materials also supplies equipment to manufacture coatings for flexible electronics, packaging and other applications. The company was established by Michael A. McNeilly and others, and went public in 1972.
In 1984, it became the first U.S semiconductor company to open a technology centre in Japan and a service centre in China. The company introduced its Precision 5000 to the market in 1987. The latter was innovative in that it incorporated diverse processes into a single machine that had multiple process chambers.
The company’s subsidiary, Applied Global Services (AGS), provides equipment installation support, warranty extended support and maintenance support. It also offers new and refurbished equipment, and upgrades and enhancements for installed base equipment. It furthermore supplies automation software for manufacturing environments.
The company sells its equipment and service products mainly through a direct sales force. Its customers include manufacturers of semiconductor chips, liquid crystal and other displays, and other electronic devices. The company conducts its manufacturing and supply chain activities by means of a distributed manufacturing model, in countries such as Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, Asia and the U.S. Applied Materials also outsources functions, such as contract manufacturing, engineering, customer support, software development, information technology support and finance and administrative activities, to third parties.
Today, the company employs approximately 21 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: ANALOG DEVICES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF APPLIED MATERIALS
- Applied Materials, Inc. operates through three primary segments: Semiconductor Systems, Applied Global Services (AGS), and Display and Adjacent Markets. The company’s venture investing arm is called Applied Ventures.
- The Semiconductor Systems segment manufactures equipment used in the wafer fabrication steps of creating semiconductor devices, such as atomic layer deposition (ALD), chemical vapor deposition (CVD), physical vapor deposition (PVD), rapid thermal processing (RTP), and chemical mechanical polishing (CMP). AGS focusses on equipment installation support, warrantee extended support and maintenance support. It also supplies new and refurbished equipment and automation software for manufacturing environments.
- AGS combined an existing business unit with the display business of Applied Films Corporation to manufacture TFT LCDs (thin film transistor liquid crystal displays used in computer monitors and televisions). This is similar to that employed for integrated circuits. Both TFT-LCD and integrated circuit production use photolithography, chemical and physical vapour deposition in cleanroom environments. The Display and Adjacent Market division concentrates on expanding its presence through equipment for manufacturing televisions, low-temperature polysilicon (LTPS), metal oxide and touch-panel sectors.
- Some of the company’s products include the Producer Selectra Etch system, SmartSched, Xsite, Advanced Productivity Family (APF) Fusion, APF RTD and Reporter, iSystem controller, and TopBeam.
VALUES OF APPLIED MATERIALS
- Applied Materials, Inc. believes in fostering an inclusive culture of understanding and empowerment to engage it workforce. The latter drives the company’s growth and determines its success.
- The company is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards and ensuring compliance in all of its business activities. At the core of its business ethos are values such as integrity and responsibility.
- These values create a culture of mutual trust and respect in the company’s interaction with its clients, employees, suppliers and shareholders who buy company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF APPLIED MATERIALS
- Applied Materials, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “AMAT”. The company is also a NASDAG-100 and S&P 500 component.
- In 2018, the company reported earnings of US$3.313 billion, with annual revenue of US$17.253 billion. These figures represent a 33.3% increase over the previous fiscal cycle.
- These strong financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: ALPHABET CLASS A STOCKS
LATEST NEWS APPLIED MATERIALS
Buy APPLIED MATERIALS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase APPLIED MATERIALS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy APPLIED MATERIALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN APPLIED MATERIALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE APPLIED MATERIALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of APPLIED MATERIALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy APPLIED MATERIALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERICAN TOWER STOCKS