APACHE (APA) Stocks
Truman Anderson, Raymond Plank, Charles Arnao and six other employees founded the Apache Oil Corporation in 1954 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They were supported by 41 shareholders who invested US$250 000 in initial capital. The company’s name was derived from the founder’s initials – “a”, “p”, and “a”, and “che” was added.
The company changed its name to Apache Corporation in 1960. It is involved in hydrocarbon exploration and has its headquarters in Houston. From 1960 onwards, it began to diversify into steel, plastic, utilities, telephones, agriculture, lumber, auto supplies and other businesses.
In the process, it acquired 58 other firms. Apache also has 22 years of exploration, development and operational experience in Egypt’s Western Desert. Its operations in this region contributed 35% of its production and 33% of estimated discounted future net cash flows in 2017.
Approximately 69% of Apache’s acreage in Egypt is undeveloped, which offers huge exploration and development opportunities for the future.
San Antonio Express News rated Apache Corporation as a 2018 Top Workplace according to a survey by Energage, LLC, which measured organization health and workplace engagement. Today, Apache Corporation employs approximately 3 500 people.
You might also like: AON PLC STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF APACHE
- Apache Corporation is ranked 438th on the Fortune 500 list. The company is an independent energy company that explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids. Its mission is to keep growing a profitable company for the long-term benefit of its shareholders by extending its portfolio of core areas that offer long-term growth opportunities.
- The company believes that its success is determined by the ability to produce lasting benefits for its employees, investors and the communities in which it operates. It therefore invests in turn-key operational approaches that guarantee sound environmental social and financial returns. An example is its extensive operations in Egypt. Just in 2017 alone 67 development and 27 exploration wells were drilled.
- Of the exploration wells about 52 were successful, expanding the company’s presence in the westernmost concessions of this country. This success was possible through the evaluation of 3-D seismic surveys that enabled technical teams to continuously identify new targets in the Cretaceous, Jurassic and deeper Paleozoic formations.
- All the company’s operations are characterized by innovative thinking, a pioneering spirit and the relentless pursuit of continuous improvement. Over the past few years the company has strengthened this culture of innovation and expanded its application of technologies and best practices with an eye on the future.
VALUES OF APACHE
- Innovative thinking is deeply rooted in Apache Corporation’s culture, and is evident in the company’s ceaseless pursuit of improvement. It continuously strengthens this culture of innovation to develop best practices and cutting-edge technologies for the future.
- Its core values include: top performance and innovation; relentless improvement; a sense of urgency to succeed; uncompromising safety; a contrarian spirit; dignity and respect; environmental stewardship, and honesty and integrity. The company regards its people as its greatest asset.
- Apache Corporation’s strategy is to follow a differentiated approach to the exploration and production of affordable hydrocarbons through innovation and technology, as well as continuous improvement and focus to deliver cost-effective and long-term returns.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF APACHE
- Apache Corporation began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 1969. It conducts business under the ticker symbol “APA”.
The company’s sound financial performance encourages investor and stakeholder confidence.
- In 2018 it reported production of 466,000 BOE per day and a net income of US$3,8 billion, with an adjusted EBITDAX of US$3,8 billion (a 30% increase from 2917).
- It also managed to reduce its total debt for the fourth consecutive year. Shareholders who buy and sell Apache stock, can therefore expect lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: ANTHEM STOCKS
LATEST NEWS APACHE
Buy APACHE stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase APACHE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy APACHE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN APACHE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE APACHE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of APACHE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy APACHE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ANTERO RESOURCES STOCKS