AON plc (AON) Stocks
ABOUT AON plc
Aon plc is an international global professional service company that offers a broad range or risk, retirement and health solutions to its international clientele. The company was founded in 1982 through a merger of the Ryan Insurance Group with the Combined Insurance Company of America. It was renamed Aon – which means “one” in Gaelic – in 1987.
The company’s headquarters is situated in London in the United Kingdom. Aon plc also has about 500 offices in more than 120 countries. The company uses proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights aimed at reducing volatility and improving performance.
Some of Aon plc’s specialties include risk management, crisis management, marine, reinsurance, human resources, property, financial services, construction and claims consulting.
Aon plc places US$110 billion in risk premium, directs over US$180 billion in health care premiums, and touch US$4 trillion in global pension assets annually.
Today, Aon plc employs over 50 000 people at its offices worldwide.
You might also like: ANTHEM STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AON plc
- Aon plc empowers human and economic possibility for its clients and communities worldwide.
- The company offers risk transfer, risk advisory and structured solution to better identify and manage risk exposure. It also helps insurers reduce volatility by providing claims advocacy, transfer and capital management solutions, so they can build more resilient businesses and communities.
- The global retirement landscape is getting more complex by the day. Aon plc’s investment and bundled retirement solutions help clients minimize employer risk, and maximize the value that employees can expect in a challenging market environment.
- With the cost of health care escalating each year, Aon plc’s consulting, global benefits and exchange solutions assist clients to manage rising costs and improve their health. The company also develops insights, by means of proprietary data end technology services, to assist clients to reduce volatility and optimize performance.
- The company’s services have a profound impact on its clients’ lives globally. It can mean the difference between keeping and losing a job, the possibility to live a longer and healthier life, and the ability to recognize more opportunities for a more purposeful life.
VISION OF AON plc
- Aon plc strives to create economic and human possibility every day. An illustration of the company’s commitment to enriching lives, is its hard work in the field of sustainable energy, where its renewable solutions are enhancing investment in offshore wind farms. In Cambodia, the company’s ImpactOnDemand software is also enabling more effective deployment of humanitarian aid during natural disasters.
- All Aon Inc’s operations are based on its commitment to inclusion, diversity and opportunity. It also believes that strong partnerships broaden the reach and potential of its impact on the world at large. Its sponsorship of Manchester United, for example, enables the company to engage other organizations in stamping out homophobia – on and off the field.
- Although Aon plc employs its workforce, they work for the company’s clients. The company therefore strives to stay true to its client promises.
- These include providing strategic and technical consultation that reflects current trends; excellent and goal-orientated customer services; a proactive approach to partnerships; accessible and extraordinary technology; and a strategic partner that constantly strives to improve on results.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AON plc
- Aon plc trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AON”.
- The company enjoys steady growth and sound market performance. In 2017, for instance, it recorded revenue of US$10 billion, with net income of US$1.22 billion, total assets of US$26.08 million and total equity of US$4.58 million.
- Investors and shareholders are assured of lucrative dividends on their investment, and can therefore buy and sell Aon plc stock with confidence.
You might also like: ANTERO RESOURCES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AON plc
Buy AON plc stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AON plc Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AON plc Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AON plc STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AON plc STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AON plc stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AON plc stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL STOCKS