ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (AU) Stocks
ABOUT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
AngloGold Ashanti Limited is a gold mining company and, if measured by production, the third largest in the world. AngloGold has a portfolio of long-life and low-cost assets. The company does exploration, production and marketing of refined gold.
Its headquarters is in Johannesburg, South Africa, and it has 14 branches across 9 countries in North and South America, Continental Africa, South Africa and Australasia.
You might also like: ANAPLAN STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
- In May 1998 the gold and uranium mining interests of Anglo American Corporation of South Africa are strengthened and AngloGold becomes the first South African company that starts trading on the NYSE. AngloGold Ashanti Limited was formed by merging AngloGold and the Ashanti Goldfields Corporation.
- AngloGold Ashanti sells its Union Reef Gold Mine in Australia, as well as its Freda-Rebecca Gold mine in Zimbabwe in 2004.
- In April 2006 Anglo American lessons its stake in AngloGold because of equity placement and allow the purchase of its remaining AngloGold interests. The last interests are sold in March 2009 and today AngloGold produces gold independently.
- In 2007 Newmont Mining buys 33 percent of the stakes in the Boddington Gold Mine in Australia from AngloGold for a price of US$1.0 billion.
VISION OF ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
- AngloGold Ashanti values it customers, investors, employees and social & business partners. By creating a safe and responsible environment and focussing on the allocation of capital, the company aims to achieve sustainable value for all and thereby strengthening its social capital.
- AngloGold Ashanti has a strategic focus, generating cash flow and focussing on its values. The company makes sure its balance sheets always meets the company’s funding needs, it thoroughly analyses every spending decision and keeps an eye on long term opportunities.
- AngloGold Ashanti is a proud participant of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights. Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights is a combined effort from non-profit organizations, governments and multinational businesses that gives guidance and help to companies, its employees and the communities from which they operate.
- The organization helps with the safety and securing of operations while making sure the company still respects the rights of its employees and other people in and around the work area.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
- AngloGold Ashanti trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol AU.
- AngloGold Ashanti pays dividends to its shareholders in 2019. The company’s analysis data shows free cash flow for 2018, up until 31 December 2018, of $67 million.
- Without the expenses from the 2018 restructuring the South African business, AngloGold Ashanti generates free cash flow of $140 million. Headline earnings for the end of year 2018 is $220 million and Adjusted EBITDA is $1.48 billion.
- Production guidelines for 2019 will be followed and the forecast expectations of the company is positive for the buying of AngloGold Ashanti stocks.
You might also like: ANADARKO PETROLEUM STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
Buy ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMPHENOL STOCKS