ANADARKO PETROLEUM (APC) Stocks
ABOUT ANADARKO PETROLEUM
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent oil and natural gas production companies in the world. The company is also involved in the hard minerals business as well as the processing and transportation of natural gas. Its more than 4,500 employees are experts in their field and dedicated to their community. The company has branches in Colorado, Texas, Utah, Wyoming, Gulf of Mexico, Africa and South America.
Anadarko’s headquarters is situated in The Woodlands, Texas, in two skyscrapers, the Allison Tower and the Hackett Tower- so named after former CEOs.
Oil and natural gas are indispensable. Oil and natural gas are components used in 96 percent of the products that are used in homes and businesses every day and natural gas is a clean energy for producing electricity.
Anadarko is listed on the Fortune 500 largest United States corporations and classified by total revenue. Analysis show approximately 86 percent of sales in the United States are provided by Anadarko. The company is recognised as the 14th best oil, gas and mining company for environmental care.
You might also like: AMPHENOL STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ANADARKO PETROLEUM
- Panhandle Eastern Corporation Pipe Line Company discovers natural gas in the Anadarko Basin in Texas in 1959 and forms Anadarko. Panhandle Eastern Corporation distributes its Anadarko interests to its shareholders in 1986.
- Anadarko is now a public company and starts its trade on the NYSE.
- In 1999 Anadarko Petroleum buys 7.5 acres in The Woodlands, Texas and build a 32-story building for its headquarters and a second building follows a few years later.
- In April 2000 Anadarko purchases Union Pacific Resources for a price of $4.4 billion.
- A year later the company buys Berkeley Petroleum Corporation and from there Anadarko expands its portfolio by acquiring many more companies through the years. Today Anadarko is a global leader in the petroleum and natural gas business.
VISION OF ANADARKO PETROLEUM
- Anadarko Petroleum and its employees stand by their values because that is what makes the business successful. The company acts with integrity and trust. Honouring its promises, setting high standards and accepting accountability when mistakes are made are all part of its values.
- Rewarding good performance, respecting diversity and keeping the environment and safety of others in mind, Anadarko will never replace short term gain with long term value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ANADARKO PETROLEUM
- Anadarko Petroleum is trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol APC.
- Anadarko’s fourth quarter sales 2018 shows net cash for operating activities is $1.6 billion and net income $615 million. Full year 2018 net cash is 5.9 billion.
- Anadarko pays quarterly dividends to its shareholders and regularly increases the percentage of the price that is paid. Anadarko is committed to its capital growth program and its forecast data shows positive growth for 2019.
- Free cash flow is a priority for the company as it is used to fund the repurchasing of stock and dividend increases.
You might also like: ARCELORMITTAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ANADARKO PETROLEUM
Buy ANADARKO PETROLEUM stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ANADARKO PETROLEUM Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ANADARKO PETROLEUM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ANADARKO PETROLEUM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ANADARKO PETROLEUM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ANADARKO PETROLEUM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ANADARKO PETROLEUM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ARC DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS STOCKS