AMERISOURCEBERGEN (ABC) Stocks
? AmerisourceBergen Corporation was formed in 2001 through the merger of Bergen Brunswig and AmeriSource. It is a drug wholesale company that offers drug distribution and other related services.
The company’s headquarters is situated in Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, in the United States. AmericansourceBergen distributes a range of brand-name and generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare products and home healthcare supplies and equipment to a wide network of healthcare providers across the U.S. Its clientele comprises acute-care hospitals, chain-retail and independent pharmacies, physicians, mail-order facilities, clinics and skilled-nursing and assisted-living centres.
AmerisourceBergen operates 26 pharmaceutical distribution centres in the U.S., nine in Canada, four speciality distribution centres (in the U.S). It has approximately 1 million square feet of packaging production capacity in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. Its acquisition of World Courier added more than 150 offices to the company’s global portfolio.
Today, the company employs about 20 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL SERVICES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AMERISOURCEBERGEN
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation is a respected market leader in pharmaceutical distribution, and handles approximately 20% of all pharmaceuticals sold and distributed throughout the U.S.
- The company also provides efficiency technologies, and consulting and business coaching. Thousands of healthcare providers, veterinary practices and livestock farmers trust AmersourceBergen as its partner of choice in the pharmaceutical supply chain. Through its 21,000 associates, the company creates healthier futures for all its clients.
- Its innovate approach to all its activities connects all healthcare service providers through the manner in which pharmaceuticals are sourced and delivered, and by the delivery of personalized patient care.
VISION OF AMERISOURCEBERGEN
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation aims to improve the wellbeing of its patients – both human and animal – by investing in the growth and development of its communities. It works ceaselessly to expand access to quality healthcare through strategic partnerships and community collaboration. It also continuously develops resources to ensure prescription drug safety.
- Employees of the company are united in their responsibility to create healthier futures. It’s the company’s core promise that applies to its 21,000-plus associates, and that defines all its activities.
- AmerisourceBergen operates the backbone of the whole healthcare supply chain. It also strives to be at the forefront of medical innovations to aid in the creation of healthier futures.
- The company’s corporate citizenship is based on keeping its promises. It participates actively in the development of the communities in which it lives and works to foster a positive impact on lives, as well as the environment.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERISOURCEBERGEN
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ABC”.
- The company ranked 12th on the 2018 Fortune 500 list, with over USUS Dollar 153 billion in annual revenue.
- Its sound financial footing is also clearly illustrated in its 2015 financial performance, for example. During this period the company recorded net income of USUS Dollar 134 million with total equity of USUS Dollar 633 million, and assets valued at USUS Dollar 27.73 billion.
- Shareholders, who buy and sell AmerisourceBergen stock, are assured of lucrative dividends on their investment and can do so confidently.
You might also like: AMERIGAS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AMERISOURCEBERGEN
Buy AMERISOURCEBERGEN stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AMERISOURCEBERGEN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERISOURCEBERGEN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERISOURCEBERGEN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERISOURCEBERGEN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERISOURCEBERGEN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERISOURCEBERGEN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMERICOLD REALTY TRUST STOCKS