AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE (AFL) Stocks
ABOUT AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY
? American Family Life Assurance Company, Aflac Inc. for short, is the largest supplemental insurance provider in the United States. The company’s headquarters is situated in Columbus, Georgia and it operates out of the United States as well as Japan.
Aflac is best known for payroll deduction insurance coverage. In this case, when a policyholder has an illness or an accident, the company pays cash benefits. Aflac also has a wide range of other insurance policies and today the company serves more than 50 million clients across the world.
Insurance policies can be viewed online as well as a cost calculator that calculates the price and amount that will be paid with claims.
OVERVIEW OF AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY
- American Family Life Assurance Company is originally named American Family Life Insurance Company of Columbus and was founded by three brothers, John, Paul and William Amos in 1955. The company starts with 16 employees and 60 agents and in its first year the company signs 6,426 policy holders.
- The company changes its name to American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus in 1964.
- The company embraces the Aflac acronym in 1990 although the official name stays the same. In 1958 Aflac instigates cancer insurance.
- By 1970 the company is licensed in 37 states. In 1974 Aflac goes international and starts selling insurance policies in Japan.
- The same year Aflac starts its trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Aflac buys Continental American Insurance Company in 2009 for US Dollar 100 million. In doing so the company expands its portfolio and is now able to sell supplemental insurance for both private clients and businesses.
VISION OF AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY
- American Family Life Assurance Company is focused on developing positive solutions while staying true to the market opportunities. Aflac strives to provide the people of the United States and Japan with the best insurance and this is possible by following its long-term growth strategy.
- Aflac has a strong partnership with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, a nonprofit children’s healthcare organization formed in 1998. Over the years, Aflac has donates more than US Dollar 100 million for the treatment and research for children with cancer. The company and its employees value their commitment and involvement with a wide range of charities like the Clean Air Campaign and Habitat for Humanity International.
- Analysis data shows that the norm for policies is to pay back only 35% of the premiums when it comes to cancer insurance. Aflac pays back 62.4%. Some governments do not allow stand-alone cancer policies. Aflac spends US Dollar 175,000 on campaigns to change this law in 1997.
- The ban is lifted in 1998 for purchases that have basic coverage and it is recommended that clients buy lower-deductible insurance.
- For the past 20 years Aflac has been listed on Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For as well as America’s Most Admired Companies for the past 17 years. Aflac is recognized by Ethisphere Magazine as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 12 years in a row. For the past 10 years the company has been listed on Black Enterprise’s Top 40 Best Companies for Diversity.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY
- American Family Life Assurance Company trades on the NYSE under the stock symbol AFL.
- The company’s total revenues is US Dollar 5.1 billion for the fourth quarter of 2018. Net earnings US Dollar 525 million and adjusted earnings are US Dollar 779 million. Full year 2018 revenues increases to US Dollar 21.7 billion. Net earnings are US Dollar 2.9 billion and adjusted earnings US Dollar 3.2 billion. Shareholders’ equity is US Dollar 23.5 billion.
- The company pays dividends to 2019 shareholders. The forecast chart for Aflac shareholders shows positive earnings and a good time to invest.
LATEST NEWS AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY
Buy AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AMERICAN FAMILY ASSURANCE COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?