ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS (ALSN) Stocks
ABOUT ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS
? Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1915 and has its headquarters in Indianapolis, Ind. U.S.A. The company operates in more than 80 countries and has regional headquarters in China, the Netherlands and Brazil. It also has approximately 1400 dealer locations globally.
? The company manufactures automatic transmissions and hybrid propulsion systems. Its products are used in a variety of market sectors such as bus-, refuse-, fire-, construction-, distribution-, military and other speciality applications.
? The company currently employs about 2 600 people.
You might also like: ALLETE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS
- Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial-duty automatic transmissions and hybrid propulsion systems.
- The company’s products are specified by more than 300 vehicle manufacturers.
- Allison introduced the first-ever fully automatic transmission for commercial vehicles about 60 years ago. This sparked the trend toward increasing the adoption of automaticity by targeting a wide range of commercial vehicle vocations.
- The company believes the benefits of fully automatic transmissions in vocations with a high degree of start-and-stop activity, are lower maintenance costs; increased safety; reduced vehicle downtime; easier operation; and improved passenger and driver comfort.
- Its transmissions also increases fuel efficiency and offer faster acceleration, which result in a decrease in operating costs and an increase in productivity, especially in vehicles with duty cycles requiring intense start-and-stop activity.
- Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. has developed more than 100 different models that are being used in more than 2 500 different vehicle configurations. These models are also compatible with more than 500 combinations of engine brands and models running on diesel, gasoline, natural gas and other alternative fuels.
- The company’s transmissions are used in on-highway trucks, buses, motorhomes, off-highway vehicles and defense vehicles. The company also sells support equipment and replacement parts, as well as other products to service vehicles utilizing its transmissions.
VISION OF ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS
- Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. strives to be the world’s biggest manufacturer of commercial-duty hybrid propulsion systems and automatic transmissions. It also aims to be the leading provider of parts and services to its clients. The company takes pride in the provision of the highest quality products and in delivering the best customer care.
- The company is driven by its integrity and enthusiasm to provide only the best, and motivated by teamwork and the innovative spirit of its employees and business partners.
- Allison promises to provide reliable propulsion solutions for its global customers that will enable them to work more efficiently. Its operations are based on core values such as integrity, innovation, quality, customer focus and teamwork.
- Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. is fully committed to delivering quality products and services that will stimulate customer enthusiasm. Potential investors, or those who want to purchase stock, can do so in the knowledge that the company’s long history and stable market performance, guarantee them a profitable yield on their investment.
FINANCIALS OF ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS
- Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. trades its shares on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ALSN”.
- In 2016 the company’s revenue totaled USUS Dollar 1.84 billion, with a net income of USUS Dollar 214.9 million and a total equity of USUS Dollar 1.080 billion.
- Its total market capitalization is estimated at USUS Dollar 5.822.000 000.
You might also like: ALLERGAN plc STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS
Buy ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALLISON TRANSMISSION HOLDINGS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALLEGION plc STOCKS