Alibaba Group Holding
ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING LIMITED (BABA) Stocks
ABOUT ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING
Alibaba Group Holding Limited (Chinese: 阿里巴巴集团控股有限公司; pinyin: Ālǐbābā Jítuán Kònggǔ Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī), founded in 1999, is a Chinese multinational conglomerate that focuses on e-commerce, retail, technology and the Internet.
The company derives its name from the character, Ali Baba in the Middle Eastern folk tale collection, “One Thousand and One Nights”, due to its universal appeal.
Alibaba Group Holding Limited quickly established a reputation as an international leader in online and global commerce. Together with its related companies, Alibaba today operate a host of leading retail marketplaces, as well as digital media, cloud-computing and entertainment businesses. It provides the crucial technology infrastructure and marketing research vital to merchants and brands supplying products, services and digital content via the Internet to customers.
The company is also active in the logistics and local-services sectors. Ant Financial, in which Alibaba has a 33% equity stake, provides financial services to consumers and merchants on the company’s platforms.
The company functions in four divisions; Core Commerce, Cloud Computing, Digital Media and Entertainment, and Innovation Initiatives and Others.
Alibaba Group Limited is situated in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong and today employs approximately 101,550 people.
You might also like: ALEXANDER & BALDWIN STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING
- The company was established by Jack Ma and 17 others, who shared the belief that the Internet could level the playing field by enabling small enterprises to leverage innovation and technology so as to compete more efficiently in domestic and global economies.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited aim to establish the future infrastructure of commerce and remains steadfast on this commitment for at least the next 120 years.
- Apart from its core businesses of commerce, cloud computing, digital media and entertainment and innovation initiatives, Ant Financial – a company in which Alibaba has a 33% equity stake – offers financial services to merchants and consumers on the company’s platforms.
- Alibaba’s subsidiaries include Darazm Cainiao, Ele.me, Alibaba Cloud and Daraz, to name but a few.
- The company has created a functional ecosystem around its businesses, comprising of consumers, merchants, retailers, brands, third-party service providers and alliance partners.
VISION OF ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING
- Alibaba Group Holdings is committed to expanding its products and services to become integral to the everyday lives of its customers. Its business models have been designed to withstand the test of time in order to achieve and maintain sustainability in the long run.
- The company has no tolerance for any form of unlawful or unethical conduct and deeply cares for its stakeholders’ concerns. Its Integrity and Compliance Office offers guidance on sound business practice and will investigate any questionable behavior or alleged unethical practices without hesitation. Alibaba’s rich history bears testimony to its strong sense of ethics and investors can purchase the company’s stock with confidence.
- The company maintains its common company culture and strong sense of community through its well-developed sense of shared values. This culture will remain steadfast, regardless of how large the company grows.
MARKETPLACE PERFORMANCE OF ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited’s stocks trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “BABA”.
- It is the world’s fifth-largest company by revenue (US$ 39.9 billion in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018). Today the company has the 9th highest global brand value as its online sales and profits surpassed all US retailers combined since 2015.
- It was named as one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune and holds the record on the 2018 edition of China’s Singles’ Day as the biggest online and offline shopping day globally.
- Its assets totaled US$114.326 billion in 2018.
You might also like: ALCOA STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING
Buy ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALBEMARLE CORPORATION STOCKS