Alexandria Real Estate Equities
ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES (ARE) Stocks
ABOUT ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES
Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc., a leading American real estate investment trust (REIT), was founded in January 1994 and has its headquarters in Pasadena, California. The company’s properties comprise offices and laboratories. It focuses primarily on renting to life science and technology companies.
The company was founded by Joel Marcus, Jerry Sudarsky, Alan Gold, Gary Kreitzer and Steven Stone. It derived its name from Alexandria in Egypt because of that city’s connection to science. The first transaction that the company engaged in was the purchase of four buildings in San Diego. The company completed an IPO in 1997.
Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.’s business ethos is rooted in the belief that four ingredients are essential to create innovative life science and technology clusters where science companies can thrive. These ingredients are location, innovation, talent and capital. The company has achieved three outputs that make it a world leader in its field, namely superior results, distinctive impact and lasting endurance.
Over the past 25 years the company has distinguished itself as a leader in operating and developing dynamic life science and technology campuses in major urban innovation cluster locations. Today, the company employs approximately 335 people.
You might also like: AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. owns approximately 199 properties in the United States. The company focuses on collaborative life science and technology hubs and develops cluster campuses and ecosystems. Its asset base in the U.S. comprises 25.2 million square feet, including 19.9 million rentable square feet (RSF) op operating properties as well as 5.3 million square feet of future ground-up development projects. These development projects and properties also include nine properties held by consolidated real-estate joint ventures and one property held by an unconsolidated real-estate joint venture.
- Property locations include San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Greater Boston, New York, Maryland and Research Triangle Park.The company owns the Alexandria Centre at Kendall Square, Alexandria Park at 128, Alexandria Center for Life Science, Alexandria Technology Center-Gateway, ARE Spectrum, ARE Sunrise, ARE Nautilus, ARE Towne Centre and ARE Esplanade, to name but a few. Tenants are multinational pharmaceutical companies; medical device companies; digital health and technology companies, life science products and services; academic and medical research institutions; U.S. government research agencies; non-profit companies and venture capital firms.
- As of the end of December, 2016, the company’s portfolio comprises 620 leases with a total of 463 tenants. Of these, 88 properties were single-tenant properties. The company also has three operating properties in Canada and two in China.
VISION & VALUES OF ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.’s mission is to make a meaningful impact on the health, safety and well-being of its tenants, employees, stakeholders and communities in which the company operates. It strives to become one of the most environmentally and socially responsible companies in the world.
- The company values human involvement and collaboration and adheres to values such as honesty, open communication, integrity and accountability in its daily operations. This business model enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “ARE”.
- The company is an S&P 500 component.
- In 2018, the company recorded cash equivalents of US$ 234.2 million compared to the US$254.4 million over the previous year. Its total revenue was US$1.3 billion, an increase of 17.7% over the previous fiscal cycle. These sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: AES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES
Buy ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALEXANDRIA REAL ESTATE EQUITIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ABIOMED STOCKS