ALEXANDER & BALDWIN (ALEX) Stocks
ABOUT ALEXANDER & BALDWIN
? Alexander & Baldwin, Inc., a fully integrated trust with its headquarters in downtown Honolulu, was founded in 1870. Today it is Hawaii’s premier commercial real-estate company and owner of most of the grocery-anchored retail centers.
?It owns and operates about 3.5 million square feet of primary industrial space in Hawaii, and is therefore also a major landowner.
? Apart from real estate, the company has also extended its operations to renewable energy and land stewardship. It also operates businesses in sugarcane and diversified agriculture, and is a construction materials company.
? Today, Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. employs approximately 800 people.
You might also like: ALCOA STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALEXANDER & BALDWIN
- Alexander & Baldwin’s history spans over 150 years. During this time the company has evolved with the country’s economy and therefore plays a leading role in agriculture, transportation, tourism construction, and real estate development.
- Alexander & Baldwin comprises three divisions namely Commercial Real Estate, Land Operations, and Materials and Construction. The latter does asphalt paving as prime contractor and subcontractor, sells ready-mix asphaltic concrete, imports and sells liquid asphalt and processes and sells basalt aggregate.
- The Commercial Real Estate division owns, operates, and leases a portfolio of retail, office and industrial properties in Hawaii. Land Operations manages the real-estate assets in the most optimal manner.
- The company’s portfolio includes subsidiaries such as A&B-Hawaii, Inc., A&B Development Company, Kauai Commercial Company, Inc., McBryde Sugar Company, Ltd., South Shore Community Services, Inc., WDCI, Inc., Matson Navigation Company, Inc. and Matson Leasing Company, Inc., to name but a few.
VALUES OF ALEXANDER & BALDWIN
- Alexander & Baldwin’s mission is to embrace innovation to continuously transform the organization to make it more effective in the ever-changing global business environment.
- At the heart of Alexander & Baldwin’s success lies the communities it operates it. The company continually strives to improve livelihoods and takes its corporate responsibility very seriously.
- The company also values its employees and take great care to provide them with opportunities to develop their abilities, both professionally and personally. A&B strives to grow together with its employees, and believes that by investing in its workforce, it also allows the company to focus on its mission of improving Hawaii’s communities.
- Employees enjoy benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance, company-subsidized professional development activities, flexible spending reimbursement accounts and additional insurance coverage.
MARKETPLACE PERFORMANCE OF ALEXANDER & BALDWIN
- Today Alexander & Baldwin is one of Hawaii’s biggest private landowners (over 35,000 hectares), and owns 47 income properties in Hawaii and the United States.
- The company’s registered a revenue of USUS Dollar 387.5 billion in 2016 with total assets of USUS Dollar 2.16 billion and equity of USUS Dollar 1.21 billion. Shareholders can buy and sell Alexander & Baldwin stock with confidence.
- Alexander & Baldwin trades live on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “ALEX”.
You might also like: ALBEMARLE CORPORATION STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALEXANDER & BALDWIN
Buy ALEXANDER & BALDWIN stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ALEXANDER & BALDWIN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALEXANDER & BALDWIN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALEXANDER & BALDWIN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALEXANDER & BALDWIN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALEXANDER & BALDWIN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALEXANDER & BALDWIN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALBANY INTERNATIONAL STOCKS