ALCOA (AA) Stocks
? The Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products. Alcoa has operations in 10 countries, but its headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. These countries include the United States, Jamaica, Ghana, Guinea, Iceland, Whales and Australia.
? It is a leading producer of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina combined. It is an active participant in all major aspects of the industry such as technology, mining, refining, fabricating, smelting and recycling.
? The company today employs approximately 14 600 people.
You might also like: ALBEMARLE CORPORATION STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ALCOA
- In May 2007 Alcoa Inc. made a USUS Dollar 27 billion takeover bid for Alcan which was withdrawn when Alcon engaged in a friendly takeover by Rio Tinto in July 2007.
- Alcoa Inc. then divided into two entities on November 1, 2016 – Alcoa Corporation which mines and manufactures raw aluminum, and Arconic which processes aluminum and various other metals. The company’s foundation rests on a 130-year history of strong values and excellence which can be traced back to the revolutionary beginning of the aluminum industry in 1888 that made the metal affordable and a vital part of life.
- Alcoa’s subsidiaries include, amongst others, Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals, the fr:Compagnie des bauxites de Guinéee, and Volta Aluminum Company.
- Nowadays the company has one of the largest bauxite mining portfolios worldwide and prides itself on its optimized aluminum smelting- and innovative cast-products network, as well as on its flexible energy portfolio.
- It pursues outstanding and sustainable results relentlessly, ensuring that all stakeholders and investors are guaranteed of the best possible dividends on their investment.
VALUES OF ALCOA
- Alcoa Inc. has an international reputation as a values-based company that adheres to operational, environmental and ethical excellence. Its innovative spirit enables Alcoa Inc. to deliver the best products and solutions to its customers and shareholders alike.
- Best practices and breakthrough innovations enable Alcoa Inc. to positively contribute to efficiency safety, sustainability and the overall development of the communities in which it operates.
- The company’s vision – to be the best – is shared by thousands. Alcoa Inc. puts strong emphasis on integrity, operational excellence, environmental protection and treating all with dignity. It values its workforce and is committed to excellence.
- The company is extremely proud of its legacy, and the latter motivates it achieve even more goals and breakthroughs in future. Alcoa Corporation acts with integrity, operates with excellence and cares for its people and clients.
- Shareholders who buy and sell Alcoa stocks, can look forward to the expected dividends and returns on their investment.
MARKETPLACE PERFORMANCE OF ALCOA
- Alcoa Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol, AA. The company’s comprehensive portfolio of assets, together with its extensive experience in the field, puts it in a unique leadership position an enables it to yield the expected dividends.
- Alcoa Corporation relentlessly pursues sustainable results and boasted revenue of USUS Dollar 11.65 in 2018. In March 2019 its stock traded at US Dollar 27.8 each.
You might also like: ALBANY INTERNATIONAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ALCOA
Buy ALCOA stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ALCOA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ALCOA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ALCOA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ALCOA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ALCOA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ALCOA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ALASKA AIR GROUP STOCKS