AJINOMOTO (TYO: 2802) Shares
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. is a Japanese food and biotechnology corporation which produces seasonings, cooking oils, frozen foods, beverage, sweeteners, amino acids, and pharmaceuticals. AJI-NO-MOTO is the trade name for the company’s original monosodium glutamate (MSG) product.
Its headquarters are in Chūō, Tokyo, operates in 35 countries and employs over 34 500 people.
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. started in 1908 as a subsidiary of Suzuki Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. to allow Dr. Kikunae Ikeda, to sell monosodium glutamate seasoning made from wheat that he had invented. In the 1960s, Ajinomoto began to diversify its production by securing alliances with international food companies, including The Kellogg Company in 1962, CPC International Inc. in 1963, and Best Foods Company Ltd. in 1964.
In the 1970s, Ajinomoto diversified further, launching a flavored seasoning called “Hon-dashi” in 1970 and beginning production of frozen foods in 1972. In 2010, due to a rise in foreign competition, Ajinomoto began restructuring to focus on several of their products while divesting others.
OVERVIEW OF AJINOMOTO
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. is a food company.
- The Japanese Food division and Overseas Food division’s main products include seasonings and processed foods, frozen foods, coffees, as well as umami seasonings and sweeteners for processing.
- Life Support division’s main products include animal nutrition and chemical products. Healthcare division’s main products include amino acids for pharmaceuticals and foods.
- The company also conducts business such as contract manufacturing, fats and oils, material packaging, as well as service providing, among others.
VISION & VALUES OF AJINOMOTO
Ajinomoto Co., Inc strives to create good, affordable seasonings and turn simple but nutritious fare into delicacies. To realize greater wellness for people all around the world, is the wish of the group, and its promise to fulfill. Ajinomoto Shared Values (ASV) creates a virtuous cycle that reinvests the economic value created by resolving social issues through the group’s business activities in future business activities, which in turn contributes to the further resolution of social issues.
- In this way, ASV represents a strategic initiative for realizing sustainable growth. Through the ongoing implementation of the ASV cycle, the Group will enhance corporate value by accumulating value into corporate brand.
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc commits to its value chain to ensure it reaches its set goals, meet current and future needs of customers and maximizes returns, income growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with it.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AJINOMOTO
Ajinomoto Co., Inc’s shares trade on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE/TYO under the stock symbol TYO 2802. Ajinomoto Co., Inc lists in the Business Sector: Food and Beverages.
- For the second quarter of the financial year ending in September 2019, the company reports consolidate net sales to fall 1.4% year-on-year, or ¥7.7 billion, to ¥538.7 billion, largely owing to a dramatic decrease in animal nutrition product sales. Business profit increases 7.8%, or ¥3.4 billion, to ¥48.0 billion.
- Operating profit decreases 51.5%, or ¥22.5 billion, to ¥21.1 billion and profit attributable to owners of the parent totals ¥7.0 billion, down 72.8%.
- Due to Ajinomoto Co., Inc’s continued performance on this market, shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns during 2022 and in future.
LATEST NEWS AJINOMOTO
Buy AJINOMOTO stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AJINOMOTO Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AJINOMOTO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AJINOMOTO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AJINOMOTO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AJINOMOTO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AJINOMOTO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?