ACTIVISION BLIZZARD (ATVI) Stocks
ABOUT ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is an entertainment company headquartered in Santa Monica, California. Activation Blizzard employs more than 9 000 of the most talented people in the entertainment, media and technology sectors. The company boasts an estimated 500 million monthly users from 196 countries.
The company’s portfolio includes some of the most recognised entertainment franchises in the world. Activision Blizzard operates from five units. Activision develops and distributes entertainment for mobiles and tablets, PCs, as well as gaming consoles.
Blizzard Entertainment develops and distributes some of the most recognised and iconic gaming entertainment. King Digital Entertainment provides mobile entertainment. Major League Gaming creates ways to provide superior experiences to its clients.
Activision Blizzard Studios provides original content for television and films. The company’s independent studios include Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Toys for Bob, as well as Treyarch. Some of Activision Blizzard’s most iconic franchises include World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, Candy Crush, Skylander, Overwatch and Pet Rescue.
OVERVIEW OF ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- In 1991, Mediagenic is purchased by Bobby Kotick and investors. The company is renamed Activision and is moved to Santa Monica, California. The company expands and buys approximately 25 studios during the next decade.
- In 2006 online, multiplayer games are of great value as it provides a constant revenue.
- In 2008 Activision merges with Blizzard Entertainment and it provides the opportunity to provide online, multiplayer games to its clients. The company is renamed to Activision Blizzard.
- On the 25th of July, 2013, the company buys 429 million shares for a price of US Dollar 5.83 billion from a shareholder with 63% stake in the company. The company is now an independent company as the public owns the majority of shares.
- In June 2017, Activision Blizzard becomes the third company in history to be listed on the Fortune 500.
VISION & VALUES OF ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- Activision Blizzard has a strict code of conduct that it follows when doing business. The company respects human rights and dignity, conducts business with integrity, and follows environmental laws.
- Fortune Magazine lists the company as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For since 2015. It is also listed as a Fortune 500 company.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- Activision Blizzard trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol ATVI.
- Analysis data for this company’s first quarter for 2019 reports total net revenues of US Dollar 1, 825 million. Total cost and expenses are US Dollar 1, 255 million and net income is US Dollar 447 million.
- Dividends are paid to common shareholders. Dividends paid are dependent on earnings and financial conditions. Activision Blizzard’s forecast for 2019 predicts a good time to invest for potential long term investors.
LATEST NEWS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
Buy ACTIVISION BLIZZARD stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ACTIVISION BLIZZARD Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ACTIVISION BLIZZARD STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ACTIVISION BLIZZARD STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ACTIVISION BLIZZARD stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ACTIVISION BLIZZARD stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?