ACORN INTERNATIONAL (ATV) Stocks
ABOUT ACORN INTERNATIONAL
Acorn International, Inc. is an integrated multi-platform branding and marketing company in China, that develops, sells and promotes a portfolio of branded products through digital media. Acorn operates in three divisions namely Product Division, Content Division and Influencer Management Division. Previously Acorn was China’s leading TV infomercial company.
Through its Product Division Acorn sells its products mainly through e-commerce channels in China itself. It also uses offline distribution and outbound marketing in this division. Acorn monetizes content in its Content Division by redirecting its direct marketing know-how to China’s digital media. Acorn Streaming was launched, focussing mainly on live streaming and pre-recorded video content creation and distribution.
Through Influencer Management Division the company creates digital social content, the best U.S. brands and celebrity talent to China – thus representing their in-country digital presence.
Acorn’s platforms are Acorn Entertainment, Acorn Product and Acorn Streaming. Some of the products the company offer are mobile phones, fitness, auto, health and collectible, cosmetics, consumer electronics and kitchen and household related items.
Acorn International, Inc.’s history goes back to 1998 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Shanghai, China.
You might also like: AMEREN STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ACORN INTERNATIONAL
- Acorn International, Inc. is incorporated on December 20, 2005. Today the company has a direct-sales division and a nationwide distribution network. Through the direct-sales business marketing and selling of products is done directly to Chinese customers through its Internet sales platform as well as its outbound marketing platform.
- In its nationwide distribution network the company distributes a select number of products through its direct-sales platform. This network reaches more than 2 200 retail outlets across all China’s provinces through more than 29 distributors. Retail outlets include supermarkets, department stores and bookstores.
- Acorn International, Inc. has approximately 12.7 million customer names on its database. Its call center in Wuxi, processes telephonic orders generated by its direct sales platforms and also gathers real-time data.
- More than 250 different products are sold through the company’s website. This is done through its official website and on China’s e-commerce platforms. More than 209 of these platforms are the company’s branded products and the rest are third-party products.
- Acorn also maintains e-shops on various Chinese e-commerce platforms. These include JD.com, Amazon, T-mall.com and Taobao which provide services and products to its endcustomers.
- The company also markets and sells short-term health and accident insurance. In 2019 Acorn launches its local Chinese influencer facilitator business called A-KOL. The purpose of A-KOL is to support other parts of the company’s business such as Acorn Products and Acorn Streaming.
- Some of its subsidiaries are Zhuhai Acorn Electronic Technology, Shanghai Acorn Advertising Broadcasting and Shanghai Acorn Network Technology.
VALUES OF ACORN INTERNATIONAL
- Acorn International, Inc.’s mission is to bring the best of the world directly to the Chinese consumer.
- Not only does Acorn look after its consumers but it also creates a good working environment for its employees. Acorn creates space and the environment for its employees to grow and develop their careers. It also encourages innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A results-orientated performance incentive system is in place as well as welfare programs for its employees.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ACORN INTERNATIONAL
- Acorn International, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ATV”.
- In March 2019 Acorn announces its preliminary unaudited financial results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year ended December 31, 2018.
- The company shows a 40.2% revenue growth combined with a strong gross margin and significant operating leverage leading to income from continuing operations of US$2.9 million in 2018. This is up from a loss from continuing operations of US$4.2 million in 2017.
- A net income of US$29.1 million is attributed to Acorn for 2018. This includes a one-time gain of US$30.0 million from non-core assets sales in May 2018.
You might also like: AMC ENTERTAINMENT STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ACORN INTERNATIONAL
Buy ACORN INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ACORN INTERNATIONAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ACORN INTERNATIONAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ACORN INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ACORN INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ACORN INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ACORN INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AMBEV S.A. STOCKS