ABBVIE (ABBV) Stocks
AbbVie Inc. is a research driven biopharmaceutical company. It was founded in 2013 in Chicago, Illinois when separating from Abbott Laboratories. Making new history for itself the company blends the stability, global scale, resources and commercial capabilities of a pharmaceutical company with the focus and culture of a biotech.
AbbVie employs 30 000 employees in more than 70 countries which include scientists, researchers, manufacturing specialists, communicators and regulatory experts. It has 22 primary research and manufacturing facilities around the world. Current health issues from chronic conditions through to life-threatening illness are addressed.
Today the Biopharmaceutical company works to create solutions going beyond treating the illness to positively impacting on patient’s lives, various societies and science itself. It targets specific difficult-to-cure diseases advancing science through leveraging its core R & D expertise.
Some of AbbVie’s subsidiaries are Stemcentrx, Inc, AbbVie AS, Abbott Bioresearch Centre, Inc and AbbVie China. Pharmacyclics was brought into the AbbVie family expanding its commitment to identify cancer treatment.
You might also like: ADIENT PLC STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF ABBVIE
- On January 2, 2013, AbbVie Inc. rang the opening bell on the New York Stock Exchange marking its first official day as a new biopharmaceutical company. The initial stock purchase price was US Dollar 34.40 per share.
- In its second year AbbVie increased efforts to support local communities and expanded its pipeline and nurtured partnerships to improve lives. This meant looking further and finding ways for its best scientists to join the battle against neglected tropical diseases. In 2015 new treatment approvals for diseases like Parkinson’s and Hidradenitis Suppurativa brought the pharmaceutical company closer to its goal of tackling the world’s toughest health challenges.
- During its fourth year AbbVie opened a 43 000 square foot Foundational Neuroscience Centre (FNC) in Massachusetts’ biotech corridor.
- This enabled it to expand its neuroscience research – which included Alzheimer’s disease. In 2017 AbbVie expanded its operational capabilities and announced positive data on new investigational compounds in its immunology portfolio.
VISION OF ABBVIE
- AbbVie’s mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focussed specialty biopharmaceutical company. A company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines.
- Chairman & CEO, Richard A. Gonzalez says AbbVie’s culture is committed to operating with integrity, embracing diversity and inclusion. Through this it serves its community, drives innovation and transforms lives.
- Abbvie is one of the 2019 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Working Mother Magazine has recognized AbbVie on its annual 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers list for six years in a row
- DiversityInc named AbbVie as one of its Top 50 Companies for Diversity for the fifth consecutive year
- For the third year in a row AbbVie earned a 100% score in the 2018 Corporate Equality Index administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- In 2018 AbbVie is ranked one of Science Magazine’s Top Employers for the fourth consecutive year
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ABBVIE
- AbbVie Inc. is a US Dollar 135 billion market cap biotech. The New York Stock Exchange is the principal market of the company’s common shares. Shares are also listed on the Chicago Stock Exchange and trade on various s regional and electronic exchanges.
- AbbVie Inc. (NYSE: Stock symbol: ABBV) Declares its Quarterly Dividend in Chicago, Illinois. on February 21, 2019. The cash dividend is US Dollar 1.07 per share – payable to stockholders of record on May 15, 2019 at close of business on April 15, 2019.
- AbbVie has increased its dividend by 168 percent since the start of the company in 2013. AbbVie Inc is a member of the S&P Dividend Aristocrats Index – tracking companies increasing their dividend annually for at least 25 consecutive years.
- FTSE4Good Index Series : AbbVie has been a constituent since 2016
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index: AbbVie was again named in 2018
- Barron’s 500: AbbVie Ranked #2 in 2017 for strong profitability and sales growth
- Fortune 500: AbbVie is number #123 in 2016 and one of twelve biopharma companies on the list to experience job growth in the past year
- For the Electronic Layered Process Audit, Adient was nominated the winner for the Digital Edge 50 Award for 2018. The Digital Edge 50 Award seeks out digital innovations. This new system of Adient allows it to lower cost, improve on quality and take steps to initiate plans as soon as possible.
You might also like: ADECOAGRO S.A. STOCKS
LATEST NEWS ABBVIE
Buy ABBVIE stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ABBVIE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ABBVIE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ABBVIE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ABBVIE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ABBVIE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ABBVIE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ACCO BRANDS STOCKS