3D SYSTEMS (DDD) Stocks
ABOUT 3D SYSTEMS
3D Systems Corporation was founded in 1986 – becoming the first 3D printing company in the world. Today – more than 30 years later – it is a global 3D solutions company providing three-dimensional (3D) printing products and services through its subsidiaries. The focus being on solving its customers business, engineering or design problems through the expertise and digital manufacturing workflow required.
3D Systems Corporation’s comprehensive portfolio of technologies provides customizable workflow which is designed to optimize processes and products in order to accelerate outcomes. Its aim is to transform businesses through manufacturing innovation.
The industries 3D Systems are involved in include Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Dental, Teaching & Training, Durable Goods and Entertainment.
Its headquarters is in Rock Hill, South Carolina and 3D Systems employ more than two thousand six hundred employees which include a global team of experts.
You might also like: 3M COMPANY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF 3D SYSTEMS
- The holding company 3D Systems Corporation was incorporated on May 14, 1993. It was co-founded by the inventor of 3D printing, Charles (“Chuck”) Hull.
- 3D Systems offer 3D printers which include stereolithography, direct metal printing, selective laser sintering and multi jet printing. It also offers color jet printers transforming data input – which is generated by 3D design software and other tools – into parts that are printed under the brand names Accura, LaserForm, DuraForm, VisiJet and CastForm.
• 1983 – Chuck Hull invents Stereolithography by creating the first-ever 3D printed part
• 1984 – Hull files his patent for Stereolithography Apparatus (SLA)
• 1986 – 3D Systems becomes the first 3D printing company in the world when it is co-founded by Chuck Hull
• 1987 – The company commercializes the first 3D printer – the SLA-1 Stereolithography (SLA) printer
• 1989 – The Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) patent is issued
• 1993 – The patent for the groundbreaking force-feedback haptic device is filed • 1996 – Commercialization process starts for ColorJet Printing (CJP) class of 3D powder-based systems
• 1996 – 3D Systems markets MultiJet Printing (MJP) 3D printers
• 2000 – The company releases the first Simbionix virtual reality surgical simulator
• 2006 – 3D Systems markets patented scan-based design software for reverse engineering
• 2009 – Capability for On Demand Parts Manufacturing is launched
• 2013 – Direct Metal Printing (DMP) is added to its portfolio
• 2014 – Portfolio is expanded with virtual surgical planning (VSP) as well as leading 3D healthcare products and services
• 2014 – Chuck Hull receives the European Inventor Award and is inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame
• 2016 – 3D Systems showcases the next generation of Stereolithography – Figure 4 SLA technology
• 2018 – DLP (Digital Light Printing) is added to its portfolio of 3D printers
VALUES OF 3D SYSTEMS
- Through 2019 and into the future 3D Systems Corporation continues to connect with its customers providing the solutions needed to transform their business through their own manufacturing innovation.
- The company prides itself for working together to create something larger than itself while benefitting both human and animal lives in the process.
- 3D Systems offers cutting edge technologies and materials for 3D printing, direct manufacturing and rapid prototyping. Its products and vision transforms the way design, developing and manufacturing is done throughout the world.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF 3D SYSTEMS
- 3D Systems Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the Stock Symbol “DDD”.
You might also like: ABBVIE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS 3D SYSTEMS
Buy 3D SYSTEMS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase 3D SYSTEMS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy 3D SYSTEMS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN 3D SYSTEMS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE 3D SYSTEMS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of 3D SYSTEMS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy 3D SYSTEMS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ADIENT PLC STOCKS